Patient Centered Medical Home
What Is A Patient Centered Medical Home?
A “Patient-Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) is how health care is delivered to patients. The health care team at Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (MHSI) manages care and services for you—acting as the “heart” of your health care. PCMH puts you, the patient, at the center of the health care system, and provides primary care that is Accessible, Continuous, Comprehensive, Family-Centered, Coordinated and Compassionate. We believe that the PCMH is a better way to take care of your needs and help you to manage your own care.
Who is the Medical Home Team?
Your team may include a doctor, mid level clinician, nurse, medical assistant, health educator, and other health professionals such as a care coordinator and a counselor. They will help get you healthy, stay healthy and get the care and services that are right for you. When needed, your personal doctor arranges for appropriate care with other qualified providers and settings.
- To listen to your questions and concerns and to explain disease, treatment, and results in an easy-to- understand way.
- To coordinate your overall care, sending you to trusted specialists if needed.
- To provide you with same day appointments whenever possible.
- To provide instruction on how to access the care you need when the office is not open.
- To provide clear instructions about your treatment goals and future plans for every visit.
- To ask questions and be active in your care.
- To provide your health history, and other important information, including any changes in your health.
- To call our office first with your health concerns unless it is an emergency.
- To inform us whenever you utilize any other health system such as the emergency room or a self referral to a specialist.
- To have a clear understanding about your treatment goals and future health goals.